As you all may remember, I own an African Pygmy Hedgehog…It’s the 2nd one I’ve owned, in fact.
When you are choosing bedding for your little critters, you need to keep a few things in mind:
I found that cedar and pine shavings start to smell awful quickly! Also, they just hold the water and can harbor mold a lot easier. Plus, I didn’t feel that it was very comfortable to sleep in.
Why Do I Use That?
* Our hedgehog can move them around easily, since they enjoy burrowing. It moves to her body shape due to the small size of the pieces. It’s almost like lying down in small beads.
* It fights smell of hedgie waste longer than any other type of bedding I’ve used.
* It is organic and safe to use, even if it happens to get into their food or water.
* It is super absorbent and keeps the area dry.
* It is really cheap too! Only about $15.00 for a huge, 40 lb bag!
Is That All I Use?
Actually, until just recently, this is all I used. However, I recently discovered a neat product that keeps the bedding from smelling.
No worries because these little “pearls” are super absorbent. It keeps the cage smelling fresher longer!
How? Well, it “absorbs moisture on contact and inhibits the bacteria that cause pet waste odors.”
Supposedly, if your small animal responds to this “potty training”, it “reduces cage cleaning by 30% or more”.
This product is all-natural and non-toxic, made of bentonite, an inert clay material found in many areas around the world.
I give this product a thumbs up too!
I hope you find this to be a Great Animal Products on Exotic Animal Lover! Until next time…
P.S. I use this exact brand of corn cob bedding – Pestell Corn Cob Bedding! It’s only $16.49 for a 40 lb bag! Check it out for yourself and you’ll never use another product again:
P.P.S. I found you an Amazing Deal on Critter Litter…In fact, it’s less than I pay in the stores:
- Helping Cat Lovers Love Cats More – Cat Litter Box Solutions
- Looking for a Male Albino African Pygmy Hedgehog
- Awesome Ground Cover For Aquariums
- How to Bathe Your Hedgehog
- Hedgehog Treats Galore!