Every time I walked outside, there were 3 or 4 robins surrounding this particular bird under the tree that had died. We are in Ontario, Canada.
They were literally protecting it from squirrels, cats and other birds that were trying to check it out.
I thought it might just be my imagination, but throughout the remainder of the day, they continued to do the exact same thing, as though they were protecting its lifeless corpse.
Maybe this was an especially important bird to them, or a loved one…I`m just not sure how to explain this one.
I have never seen this kind of behavior in robins in all of my life.
You learn something new every day!
Have you ever experienced this behavior in robins or other birds before?
I hope you enjoy this Bird Behavior post on Exotic Animal Lover. Until next time…
- So Many Choices – Toys & Accessories for Exotic Parrots
- How To Make A Homemade Bird Feeder
- Black Birds in Dallas – What’s That About?
- Ladder-Backed Woodpecker Sighting in Dallas
- Sad Day for an Owl in Dallas